Slim Zoom And Smallest Telephoto Lens To Offer Versatility and Deliver Outstanding Images with Unparalleled Speed
SINGAPORE - Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd is pleased to announce two new NIKKOR lenses - the zoom lens 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 and the world’s smallest and lightest super-telephoto zoom 1 NIKKOR VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 - to complement the Nikon 1 range of compact and easy to use advanced interchangeable lens cameras.
Feature-packed Zoom Lens
- Versatility for a wide range of situations: The 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM is a slim 3x CX format normal zoom lens that covers the 10-30mm range of focal lengths (angle of view equivalent to 27 to 81mm in 35mm format). The 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM offers a maximum reproduction ratio of 0.55x (equivalent in 35mm format) and a minimum focus distance of 20cm, providing a level of versatility to suit most photographers in a wide range of situations.
Lightweight performance: The 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM measures approximately 58mm (maximum diameter) x 28mm1 and weighs just 85g, making it the world's lightest2 power-drive zoom equipped lens to maintain the svelte, light portability of the Nikon 1 range. It also features a mechanism that retracts the lens when it is not in use, ensuring it remains compact for storage.
- No-fuss setup: The new model is the world’s first interchangeable lens equipped with a power-drive zoom to employ an electrically controlled lens cover, removing the need to attach and remove a lens cap. This eliminates risk of losing or misplacing the lens cap when shooting outdoors and makes it easier to quickly set up the perfect shot.
- Flawless video performance: The 1 NIKKOR lens has been designed with versatility in mind, and the electric power-drive zoom is ideal for smooth and comfortable movie recording. It also includes a zoom ring to enable the lens to feel more similar to an interchangeable model for photographers who prefer to not rely purely on the motor for zooming in to subjects.
- Colour options: Available in black and white.
Super-telephoto Lens Offers Beautiful Images from a Distance
- Compact yet powerful: The new 1 NIKKOR VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 is the world’s smallest and lightest super-telephoto zoom lens3. The CX-format lens features a focal length from 70-300mm, which is equivalent to a lens with an approximately 189-810mm focal length in 35mm format.
- Faster setup for hard-to-get shots: It is the first 1 NIKKOR lens to include a focus-limit switch to enable faster AF operation by limiting the range of autofocus to the telephoto side only. This innovation makes it particularly effective for capturing fast-moving subjects at a distance or when the subject unintentionally moves out of the focus area as it helps prevent an out-of-focus image. This feature is especially convenient for sports photography where the distance to subjects changes quickly as it makes it easier to frame a shot. The extremely narrow angle of view provides powerful zoom and compression effects, while the shallow depth of field emphasizes the main subject with beautiful bokeh to draw more attention to the subject.
- Portable perfection: Like the 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM lens, the super-telephoto model also features a mechanism that retracts the lens when it is not in use to make it easier to transport and store. Tipping the scales at approximately 550g, it is also light enough to pack when attending sporting events, or for nature and wildlife photography.
- No-compromise image quality: In another first for 1 NIKKOR lenses, the VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 also employs a Super ED glass element, which is only found on NIKKOR lenses, to reduce chromatic aberration as much as possible and provide clear, sharp images. It also includes Nano Crystal Coat, a technology originating from Nikon’s work in semiconductor manufacturing technology that works to effectively reduce flare and ghosting effects and offer the highest possible image quality.
- Colour options: Available in black.
1 Distance from the camera's lens-mount flange when the lens is retracted.
2 Among zoom lenses for digital cameras with interchangeable lenses employing a power drive, available as of March 13, 2014; based on Nikon research.
3 Among interchangeable lenses featuring a focal length of 600mm equivalent or longer (in 35mm format) for digital still cameras with AF function available as of March 13, 2014; based on Nikon research of volume comparison when the lens is retracted.
The pricing and availability of the 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM and 1 NIKKOR VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5 in Singapore will be advised at a later date. For more information on the NIKKOR lenses and other Nikon products, please visit http://www.nikon.com.sg/.
Nikon. At the Heart of the Image. Nikon is the world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology and is globally recognised for setting new standards in product design and performance for its award-winning consumer and professional photographic equipment. Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd distributes consumer and professional digital SLR cameras, NIKKOR optics, Speedlights and system accessories; Nikon COOLPIX compact digital cameras; Nikon sports optics as well as the Nikon 1 advanced cameras with interchangeable lens system in over 50 countries. For more information, visit http://www.nikon.com.sg/.
Connect with Nikon and other photographers on Facebook at www.facebook.com/nikonsingapore and get the latest news and information by joining our mailing list at www.nikon.com.sg/en_SG/community/subscription.page