- A fast, high-performance mid-telephoto 85 mm fixed focal length lens with a maximum aperture of f/1.4 that offers superior image quality
Adoption of a maximum aperture of f/1.4 and rounded diaphragm (9 blades) enables the expression of bright and beautiful blur characteristics. The lens exhibits excellent rendering capability with shooting all distances, from close-up to infinity, making it especially suited to portrait photography. It is also an excellent choice for shooting in relatively dark situations, such as indoors or for capturing night landscapes.
- A new optical design that makes the most of the performance expected of the latest fast fixed focal length NIKKOR lens
- Nano Crystal Coat adopted to significantly reduce ghost and flare
- Equipped with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for extremely quiet autofocusing
- Equipped with two focus modes, M/A and M, as well as a new and improved manual focus drive mechanism
The lens offers two focus modes, M/A (autofocus with manual override) and M (manual). In addition, the new and improved manual focus drive mechanism reduces manual focus time lag for improved manual focus operation in M/A mode.
- Nikon’s internal focusing (IF) system has been adopted with no increase in the length of the lens