- ISO performance: ISO 12800 as standard, expandable to ISO equivalent of 102400 (Hi 3)
- Large pixel pitch: the 12.1-megapixel FX-format advantage
- New and improved D-Movie function
- Image sensor cleaning: assured protection
- EXPEED: Nikon’s comprehensive approach to quality digital images
- Lateral chromatic aberration reduction: edge-to-edge sharpness
- Active D-Lighting: rescuing tone in highlights and shadows
- Picture Control: custom-tailored tone and color
- Speed and readiness throughout the workflow
- 9-frames-per-second* shooting rate in FX-format, 11 fps* in DX crop
- Scene Recognition System: enlightened accuracy and intelligence
- 51-point AF: fast and accurate subject acquisition
- Sophisticated AE with highlight analysis
- Informed auto white balance
- Approx. 100% frame coverage
- Superior durability
- Twin CF card slots
- Long-life battery
- Easy-to-access Live View mode
- Quiet Shutter-release mode for nonintrusive shooting
- 3-in., approx. 921k-dot color, 170º viewing angle LCD monitor
Newly added image area of 1.2x crop (30 x 20) format with approx. 8.4 megapixels.
Multiple exposure operation that can be repeated by designating the function to the bracketing button.
Electronic virtual horizon that is available in Live View shooting.
Extended menu banks that stores up to four combinations of exposure mode, shutter speed and aperture value.
Versatile in-camera Retouch Menus, including RAW processing to enhance your images without using a computer.
Compatible with HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) output. Type C connector (mini size) is employed.
With the optional GPS Unit GP-1, location information such as latitude, longitude, altitude and time are automatically recorded to each image’s EXIF data. The Time Adjustment feature, which adjusts your camera’s time zone, is also available using the GP-1. Especially useful for group assignments that require several D3S cameras to be synchronized.
Exclusive Nikon Software — Nikon Transfer and ViewNX software packages (supplied) for a range of basic photo browsing and editing operations; Capture NX 2, Camera Control Pro 2, and Image Authentication Software (all optional) enable more advanced operation and image editing.