As he continues his journey into the world of photography, Chung recounts his humble beginnings of “getting only 2 or 3 satisfactory photos from a roll of film” to working as a freelance professional, crediting perseverence and respect for his craft as the key to success.
Embracing photography as a key component of his everyday life, Chung comments, “photography is just another form of art like [a] poem, painting or composition, where you express your feeling through light and films.”
With a promising future in front of him, Hsiao-Tsa Chung reveals his favourite pieces of equipment and leaves aspiring photographers with his top five tips:
1. Appreciate more photography works of others and try to mimic them with the equipment you have.
2. Try to capture one thing with various focal lengths.
3. It would be good to check the weather condition before you go for landscape shooting.
4. Be fully prepared when you press the shutter. Photo editing cannot do anything for you.
5. Take as many photos as you can after ample preparation.