A class-leading, high-definition DSLR built with a suite of outstanding features designed for astrophotography
SINGAPORE - Capturing the mysterious beauty of celestial bodies is now within grasp with the launch of the new D810A, a Nikon DSLR*1 designed with an array of features built specifically for the most dedicated astrophotography hobbyists. Often requiring custom equipment and hours of persistence, stunning images of the night sky are within reach with the D810A, a pinnacle of bespoke imaging technology.
Chief among the D810A’s strength is its ability to capture astronomical subjects that emit the H-alpha wavelengths of light such as nebulae and other distant galaxies in red, allowing astrophotographers to see them just as imagined. Helping even the most skilled photographers, are features such as longer exposures in low-light conditions with minimal noise, and a live view preview function which assists with planning the best shots. In addition, 36.3 megapixels ensure superior image quality in ultra-high definition.
1. Stellar core for exceptional image quality
• Class-leading performance: The D810A is equipped with an array of top-notch features, designed to deliver superior image quality. At the core of full FX performance, images with rich tonality and high resolution are guaranteed with the 36.3-megapixel Nikon FX-format CMOS sensor built without an optical low-pass filter. With the power of super-high resolution, the possibilities are endless as photographers can capture rich detail, crop with confidence or even turn photos into wallscapes. Taking things up a notch, the image sensor which has been specially-developed for the art of astrophotography, is particularly sensitive to emissions of the H-alpha wavelength, allowing astrophotography enthusiasts to shoot stunning images of nebulae and constellations.
• Surpassing details and precise tonality: Also ensuring unrivalled image quality is the EXPEED 4 image-processing engine, which improves noise reduction performance at high sensitivities, as well as upgraded depth and clarity in gradation rendering. Made for capturing the night sky, the ISO sensitivity ranges from ISO 200 to 12800 and can be decreased to Lo 1 (ISO 100 equivalent), or increased up to Hi 2 (ISO 51200 equivalent) to suit a variety of environments.
2. Seeing red in high definition
• Spectacular captures of H-alpha wavelength nebulae: Behind the most powerful, readily available camera for astrophotography, is its unique ability to capture nebulae that emit the H-alpha wavelength in red, which cannot be achieved with ordinary DSLRs. The D810A*1 employs an optical filter (IR cut filter) with reassessed transmission characteristics in which the transmission of H-alpha spectral line has been increased by approximately four times from a typical DSLR. This allows remarkably-detailed shots of nebulae, constellations and other celestial objects in rich tones and vibrant colours that are true to the eye with a high signal-to-noise ratio.
With more accurate and detailed colour reproduction, users can better understand the images that they take, and reduce the need for long hours of post-processing.
3. A galaxy of features optimised for astrophotography
• Optimal settings with minimal configuration: With the special long exposure Manual (M*) mode, shutter speed can be set up to 900 seconds, making the D810A a light capturing powerhouse, able to shoot in the darkest of conditions. Be it the Milky Way or a meteor shower, users will find it a breeze to shoot in low-light conditions.
The Nikon D810A will be available in late May 2015. For more information on the new D810A and other Nikon products, please visit http://www.nikon.com.sg
Nikon. At the Heart of the Image. Nikon is the world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology and is globally recognised for setting new standards in product design and performance for its award-winning consumer and professional photographic equipment. Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd distributes consumer and professional digital SLR cameras, NIKKOR optics, Speedlights and system accessories; Nikon COOLPIX compact digital cameras; Nikon sports optics as well as the Nikon 1 advanced cameras with interchangeable lens system to Singapore and the Asia Pacific region, reaching over 50 countries.
In Singapore, NikonClub provides an active and vibrant community for owners and lovers of the Nikon brand, while Nikon School promotes and cultivates the passion for great photography.
For more information, please visit www.nikon.com.sg
Like us on Facebook at NikonSingapore www.facebook.com/nikonsingapore