Compact Camera Perfectly Designed for Self-portrait Lovers and Travel Enthusiasts, with Photo Sharing via NFC and Wi-Fi®
SINGAPORE – Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd is pleased to announce the launch of the new COOLPIX S6900, the ideal companion for those looking to capture beautiful self-portraits to upload and share via social media quickly and easily. The COOLPIX S6900 features a range of creative functions in a compact, stylish design, including a vari-angle touchscreen LCD monitor ideal for shooting self-portraits, Near Field Communication (NFC) support, built-in Wi-Fi®*1 and a 24x dynamic zoom*2. It offers self-portrait lovers a portable camera that can capture memories to share with friends and family at home or on the road.
“Consumers are taking and sharing more photos than ever before. That is why the 16.0 megapixel*3 COOLPIX S6900 has been designed to make it as easy as possible to take great images and self-portraits, at a quality higher than that offered by regular mobile devices," said Garland Mak, Deputy General Manager of International Marketing Division Imaging Group, Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd. "With a vari-angle monitor, front shutter-release button, Wi-Fi®*1 and NFC, it has never been easier to capture and share experiences with friends and family around the globe.”
COOLPIX S6900 Primary Features
1. Flexible, Quality Shooting
• Performance with style: The COOLPIX S6900 is equipped with a NIKKOR lens that is capable of covering a wide range starting from the wide-angle of 25mm to 300mm (equivalent focal lengths in 35mm  format) focal lengths. It offers a built-in lens-shift vibration reduction (VR) function, supports both 12× optical zoom and 24× Dynamic Fine Zoom, and allows a closest focus distance of just 2 cm for macro photography, in addition to performing well in dark surroundings.
With an effective pixel count of 16.0 million*3 pixels, the Q13045 is equipped with a backside illumination CMOS sensor with which each pixel receives light more efficiently for superior high-speed processing performance. The Q13045 also offers Full HD movie recording, making it simple to switch between capturing still and motion images without sacrificing quality.
• Straightforward focus: A Target Finding autofocus system makes it easier to quickly frame and capture images with perfect focus and clarity.
• Perfect for self-portraits: A newly-designed camera stand is incorporated into the body to enable it to be set in both horizontal and vertical orientations and make it easier to position the COOLPIX S6900 for a great shot. A 3-inch vari-angle LCD monitor enables shooting using a variety of angles and compositions, while a novel front shutter-release button sits beside the lens to facilitate self-portraits. An anti-reflection coating and brightness adjustment makes it easy to see the screen in bright environments, while touch-panel control ensures quick and simple navigation of the menu.
2. Straightforward, Spontaneous Sharing
• Social sharing: Built-in Wi-Fi®*1 makes it quick and simple to share images with a press of a button to set up the camera’s wireless connection to a smart device. The required Wireless Mobile Utility application can be downloaded free of charge and installed on compatible AndroidTM or iOS-based devices to enable hassle-free sharing. It also facilitates remote shooting and can automatically transfer images from the camera to a connected device.
• NFC pairing: NFC support allows the COOLPIX S6900 to quickly establish a link with a Wi-Fi® connection by simply tapping to an NFC-compatible smart device*4 to initiate pairing. Images can then be shared quickly and easily over the connection.
3. Inspiring Creativity
• Imaginative and intuitive photography: Four Glamour Mode options provide confirmation of effects on the through-the-lens monitor image during shooting. The degree of the effect can be adjusted with simple, touch-panel operations. The Self-Collage option also allows still images recorded in continuous shooting mode to be stitched into a collage of either four or nine images for creative sharing.
Glamour Mode Self-Collage
• Background softening: A new Selective Softening feature enables the shooter to select a section of a photograph to focus on, blurring out the remaining area to create perspective and focus.
• Personalised re-touching: 12 Glamour Retouch effects are also available during playback, along with image-editing functions and special effects to add a level of creativity and personalisation to images.
4. Evolved Gesture Control
• Hands-free operation: The COOLPIX S6900 features advanced Gesture Control to enable the shooter to control the camera with movements while standing in front of the lens. When enabled, the lens is automatically set at the maximum wide-angle position, while an advanced tracking feature detects the movement of the subject’s open palm to determine between still shooting and movie recording.
1 Wireless Mobile Utility must be downloaded onto a smart device (compatible with iOS/AndroidTM) to use the Wi-Fi function. Wireless Mobile Utility can be downloaded for free from the appropriate application store.
2 Dynamic Fine Zoom refers to the areas in which the camera can zoom while maintaining resolution from the maximum optical telephoto zoom position.
3 Image processing may reduce the number of effective pixels.
4 NFC-compatible Android™ smartphones and tablets (Android 4.0 or later).
Price and Availability
The Nikon COOLPIX S6900 price and availability will be advised at a later date.
Nikon. At the Heart of the Image. Nikon is the world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology and is globally recognised for setting new standards in product design and performance for its award-winning consumer and professional photographic equipment. Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd distributes consumer and professional digital SLR cameras, NIKKOR optics, Speedlights and system accessories; Nikon COOLPIX compact digital cameras; Nikon sports optics as well as the Nikon 1 advanced cameras with interchangeable lens system in over 50 countries.
For more information, visit www.nikon.com.sg.
Connect with Nikon Singapore and other photographers on Facebook at www.facebook.com/nikonsingapore