The 16.7× high-power zoom lens is a compact and lightweight lens that covers a broad range of photographic angles of view from wide-angle to super telephoto
SINGAPORE - Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd is pleased to announce the release of the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300MM f/3.5-6.3G ED VR, a 16.7× high-power zoom lens compatible with Nikon DX-format digital SLR cameras.
The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR is a 16.7× high-power zoom, 18-300mm (angle of view equivalent to that of a 27-450mm lens in 35mm  or Nikon FX format) lens that covers a broad range of focal lengths, from wide-angle to super-telephoto. It is smaller and lighter for greater portability despite its support for a wide range of angles of view, making it a single lens that even those new to digital SLR cameras can use to enjoy capturing a wide variety of subjects, such as everyday snapshots, portraits and landscapes.
“Building on the legacy of Nikon’s extensive range of NIKKOR lenses, the new AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR is an all-rounded lens that delivers superior performance for both images and videos across a wide range of focal lengths,” said Uemura Kimito, General Manager, International Marketing Division Imaging Group, Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd. “Its compact design also makes it a perfect balance of versatility and portability that is ideal for travel and for photographers who are always on the move.”
In addition to superior optical performance for sharp and clear rendering throughout the entire zoom range, achieved with adoption of ED lens and aspherical lens elements, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300MM f/3.5-6.3G ED VR is equipped with a Vibration Reduction (VR) function that provides camera shake compensation equivalent to a 4.0-stop* increase in shutter speed. When used with a digital SLR camera boasting a high pixel count, the image quality performance enabled by these features is maximized for excellent definition and superior rendering. The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300MM f/3.5-6.3G ED VR is also equipped with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for fast and quiet autofocusing.
• A 16.7× high-power zoom lens covering the 18-300mm range of focal lengths (angle of view equivalent to that of a 27-450mm lens in 35mm  or Nikon FX format) compatible with Nikon DX-format digital SLR cameras
• Equipped with a Vibration Reduction (VR) function for camera shake compensation equivalent to a 4.0-stop* increase in shutter speed
• Superior rendering capability with an optical design with which ED lens and aspherical lens elements have been adopted
• Support for close-up shooting with a minimum focus distance of 0.48 m
• Equipped with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for extremely quiet autofocusing
• Compact and lightweight with a maximum diameter of 78.5 mm, length of 99 mm, and weight of 550g, making it conveniently small and light enough for use even on vacation
* Measured in accordance with CIPA standards. Measured with a DX-format digital SLR camera at the maximum telephoto position.
Price and Availability
The pricing and availability of the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300MM F/3.5-6.3G ED VR will be advised at a later date. For more information, please visit http://www.nikon.com.sg/ or join our mailing list at www.nikon.com.sg/en_SG/community/subscription.page for news and updates.
Nikon. At the Heart of the Image. Nikon is the world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology and is globally recognised for setting new standards in product design and performance for its award-winning consumer and professional photographic equipment. Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd distributes consumer and professional digital SLR cameras, NIKKOR optics, Speedlights and system accessories; Nikon COOLPIX compact digital cameras; Nikon sports optics as well as the Nikon 1 advanced cameras with interchangeable lens system in over 50 countries.
For more information, visit http://www.nikon.com.sg/.
Connect with Nikon Singapore and other photographers on Facebook at www.facebook.com/nikonsingapore.