NIKON SINGAPORE PTE LTD Privacy Statement
NIKON SINGAPORE PTE LTD ("Nikon") recognizes and is committed to the proper management and protection of personal data / information.
Nikon maintains this website from the Republic of Singapore and Nikon makes no representation that the content contained herein is appropriate or available for use in other locations / jurisdictions.
In line with the Nikon Group Privacy Protection Policy, personal data / information will be collected, used and/or disclosed by Nikon in the following manner:
1. Collection and Retention of Personal Data / Information
Nikon will collect and retain such personal data / information as is necessary for business and legal purposes, and will take reasonable steps to obtain consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal data / information and further ensure that the use and/or disclosure of such personal data / information is restricted to legitimate purposes.
2. Limitation of Purpose for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data / Information
Nikon respects the privacy of personal data / information.
You agree that any personal data / information supplied by you or collected from Nikon as a result of your use or purchase of Nikon’s goods, services and/or access or use of Nikon’s websites may be used and/or disclosed for the following purposes:
• to provide products or services to and/or requested by the customer, including product sales, repair and inspection, after-sales service, and catalogue distribution;
• to enable response to customer requests, including customer inquiry / purchase/ repair history (including the collection of customer inquiries for the purpose of improving our responsiveness);
• as a reference to determine customer requirements for products, planning, development, advertisement, sales, and service activities of Nikon. (This personal information will include answers to questionnaires given at the time of purchase, the customer satisfaction survey, and the customer's inquiry history);
• to provide updates on product information, company information, service information, and other related information of Nikon, e.g. the sending of a catalogue, new product information, books, magazines or a mail magazine;
• to notify a prizewinner or send a prize, or for the purpose of other communication with the person in question;
• to verify participants in exhibitions and seminars and to correspond with them after the event;
• to develop and maintain smooth relations with business partners and related entities
as a reference in the recruitment of an individual where the personal information is provided by an inquirer or an applicant to Nikon;
• to evaluate an application for Nikon Professional Services Singapore Membership;
• provided that it has been anonymised, to be processed and used / disclosed to third parties for statistical purposes / research;
• to send necessary documentation to shareholders including notification of the general meeting of shareholders, and to administer dividend payments or other actions as required by the Commercial Code;
• as may be required under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (Act No. 26 of 2012) and other applicable laws and regulations; and
• to email registrants of the Nikon School course their registration confirmation and/or any changes to the course date, time, venue, etc. The information is also used to inform registrants about new Nikon School courses and to contact customers in cases of complaints received.
The personal data / information supplied by you or collected from you as a result of your access to or use of Nikon’s website(s) may be transferred within the Nikon group of companies in different jurisdictions. Please also note that your personal information may be transferred to and stored with our service providers or data processors' facilities overseas. Your use or purchase of Nikon’s goods, services and/or access or use of Nikon’s website(s) indicates your consent to such transfers.
You also warrant and represent that whenever personal data / information supplied by you to Nikon contains personal data / information belonging to another individual, you have, where necessary, obtained (and can produce upon request) the requisite consent(s) in connection with such personal data / information supplied by you, including but not limited to the consent of any identifiable individual (and consent of the identifiable individual’s parent/guardian if he/she is under 18 years of age) for the disclosure of his/her personal data / information.
3. Disclosure of Personal Data / Information to Third Parties
As far as reasonably possible, personal data / information collected by Nikon shall not be disclosed to third parties outside of the Nikon Group except with your prior consent; or where authorized by the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) or any other relevant laws and regulations.
Your personal data / information will not be disclosed by us to any third party, unless we have your consent, or we are under a legal obligation or duty, to do so, except for disclosure to the following individuals or entities which you hereby agree to:
• other companies in the Nikon group of companies (including those in different jurisdictions);
• government authorities or regulators;
• our professional advisers, including without limitation our lawyers, accountants and auditors;
• our third party service providers and sub-contractors (including those who provide payment, administrative or other services to us in connection with the operation of
• the website and/or of our business) or data processors;
• any agent acting on our behalf; and
• our business alliance partners.
The use of your personal data / information will be kept to the minimum required in order for us to continually monitor and improve our services to our customers and to keep you informed about our products, services and other opportunities within Nikon.
In particular, we do not rent or sell your personal information to any third party (unless as part of the sale of our entire assets or sale of our business as a going concern).
4. Proper Protection and Management of Personal Data / Information
Nikon will observe the Nikon Group Privacy Protection Policy and take steps to ensure the security of the personal data / information in its possession.
We wish to assure you that your personal information will be protected by high standards of security. Nikon will take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information we hold about you on secure servers. Notwithstanding our best efforts to protect your personal information, the nature of the Internet is such that data transmission over the Internet can never be fully secure. Hence, Nikon cannot be responsible for events arising from unauthorized third parties gaining access to your personal information. It is solely your responsibility to maintain the secrecy of your user identities and password(s) at all times.
5. "Cookies" - Information Stored Automatically on Your Computer
When you view this website, we may store some data on your computer in the form of a "cookie" to automatically recognize your personal computer the next time you visit. Cookies can help us in many ways, for example, by allowing us to tailor our website and services to better match your interests or to store your password to save you having to re-enter it each time. If you do not wish to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser to erase all cookies from your computer's hard drive, block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Your continued access or use of Nikon’s website(s) indicates your consent to our use of such “cookies”.
6. Accessing or Correcting your Personal Data / Information
Whenever you provide personal information / data to Nikon (e.g. for registration or otherwise), you warrant and represent that such personal information / data you have provided is accurate. However, Nikon understands that your personal information / data with us may need to be updated from time to time.
Depending on where you are situated, you have the right to request access to and correction of personal data / information about you held by us.
Where applicable, subject to the payment of an administrative fee, you may request access or correction of your personal data / information which we collect, use, disclose and/or process about you. If you have that right and you wish to access or correct any of your personal data / information held by us, please send a written request to [email@example.com], including proof of your identity (e.g. a copy of your driving licence or passport), specify the personal data / information which you wish to access or correct, including any account or reference numbers (where applicable).
Nikon will generally respond to reasonable requests to review your personal data / information collected by us for the purpose of access or correcting of the same within 30 working days and will inform you beforehand if a longer period of time is required. Please note however that Nikon is entitled to restrict access or correction to your personal data / information in circumstances which fall within the exceptions / exemptions set out in the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (Act No. 26 of 2012) or such other applicable laws and regulations.
7. Products and Services Information
You have the right to opt out of receiving information of our products and services. If you wish to do so, please send an email to [firstname.lastname@example.org] with a header that states ‘unsubscribe’, providing us with enough information to identify you (e.g. username, registration details) and specify the subscription(s) which you no longer wish to receive or participate in (e.g. a particular affiliate of Nikon). Please allow at least 7 working days for this request to be processed.
If you do not want us to use your personal information or to disclose your personal information with third parties, please e-mail us at [email@example.com].
Please note that when you opt out of receiving certain products or services, it may affect the services provided by Nikon and/or the Nikon Group when such subscription / participation is regarded as a condition of providing products and/or services from Nikon and/or the Nikon Group.
8. Withdrawal of Consent
You may, at any time, withdraw your consent to our continued use and disclosure of your personal data / information by sending an email to [firstname.lastname@example.org]. If you decide that you do not want Nikon to use your personal information or to disclose your personal data / information to third parties, you understand that this may in some cases impact on the availability of services (such as warranties) and the quality of services that Nikon may provide to you and may mean that the services provided to you (if possible at all) by Nikon may not be customised for your use, may be less user- friendly and less efficient.
Further, in withdrawing your consent, you acknowledge and agree that if Nikon is no longer able to provide certain goods and/or services to you as a consequence, Nikon will be entitled to cease the provision of such goods and/or services to you without incurring any liability on our part.
Nikon will not knowingly collect personal data / information from children (i.e. persons under 18 years old) without insisting that they seek prior parental consent if required by applicable law.
However, Nikon cannot verify the age of persons who access its website. Hence, if you are under 18 years old, please obtain consent from your parent or guardian before you access the Site and submit any personal information to us. Should a parent or guardian have reason to believe that a minor has provided Nikon with personal information without their prior consent, please contact us to ensure that the information is removed and unsubscribe them from any promotional contact opportunities.
If Nikon discovers that it has inadvertently collected the personal data / information of a person under 18 years old without obtaining parental consent, Nikon will take steps to delete such personal data / information as soon as possible.
10. Links to Other Websites
Nikon websites may contain links to other websites. Nikon is not responsible for the personal data / information protection practices of other websites.
Nikon will comply with Singapore laws and regulations relating to privacy protection, including but not limited to the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) and will review and improve the contents of this document to strive constantly towards better protection of your personal data / information.
12. Contact us